Valentines Day for only child??

my daughter is an only child right now. Last year she was in a daycare but now I'm staying home with her and teaching her. Well Valentines Day is coming up and she is aware that her daycare had a party and gave out valentines last year so I'm at a loss of what to do for her. I guess she and I could have a "party" with each other but what about handing out valentines? I thought about letting her hand them out to family members but she wants to make a valentines day box like she did last year but I don't want her to be disappointed when the only valentines she gets is from mommy and daddy!! Any suggestions or ideas??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• What about adding handing them out to those people you know in neighborhood who would get a kick out if it - who knows dd could get a penpal!!!

Also have fun and decorate insides of house doors with valelntines!!!! Have fun and make several kinds of Valentine cookies, cakes!

You're such a NICE MOMMY!!!!!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:25 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• you could put her valentines in the mail box and let her grandparents and other relatives know how excited she is about vday and maybe they will mail her a card. Just tell her since shes not in school this year that most her valentines will probably come in the mail
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:27 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• decorate the mail box
    shay1130

• Make a few V-day sentiments for her and put them in the box secretly....read them to her. LIke mommy loves you, you're mine valentine...different things, she will still love it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:39 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• When our kids were younger we started a tradition on Valentine's day...My husband and I decided it was important for them to celebrate with us...so we make a very delicious meal with a very delicious dessert and we decorate the table and use our very finest china and eat in candle light..every year they ask are we gonna do that...I always say what to do guys want this year :-) My kids are 15, 14, and 10. We also give them valentine goodies....
    Anonymous