Is anyone else sick of the race card...

I am so sick of hearing about the reasons that something happened being blamed on the race of the individual. C'mon people. How is the ethnic community ever going to overcome common stigmas when they themselves can't get over it. Most dominant is that whites pick on blacks. All whites are racist. It's always the easy response instead of maybe just admitting your guilt. If you are living in a prodiminantly black neighborhood and you are prowling around peoples houses late at night and the police try to stop you and find out what you are doing, that is not racial profiling. It is proactive policing. And when you run and fight, that only admits you are guilty of something. It has nothing to do with race. So, quit throwing the race card into it. I didn't have slaves and I live in the modern world, so why can't everyone else. Quit dwelling on the past and the past mistakes. Live for the here and now, be a good citizen.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am not a racist but I will say that I live in the city and on the news the most crimes committed are by blacks. It's not being a racist, it is REALITY. I have no problem with blacks if they are nice and have class. But from my experience, shopping, dining, etc they are just plain rude to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Oh boy--you are just asking for it. give you ten minutes before the bashers see this and start in on you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I just don't care...pissed about something, figured i might as well let it all out....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Amen.....
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• It's not just the "race card". What about the religious card? People will use their color, their religion, their personal beliefs, their disability etc to justify their actions. Don't just narrow it down to the race card because there are tons of crimes committed by people that use religion to justify their actions.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:36 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• OP here: legalmommy, i agree...just with the current situation i am speaking of and angry about, it involves race, therefore what i wrote
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I am sick of racism, when you end it let me know by posting a great CM question about it

I do not like the race card being an excuse, but racism still exists on a large scale, better than the 50's but not as good as it should be...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:41 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Don't just narrow it down to the race card because there are tons of crimes committed by people that use religion to justify their actions.

Tons??

And yes I hate the race card. It's a means of not accepting responsibility or evading an issue.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:41 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Yes.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:42 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• If we have to pay for our ancestors mistakes,I guess I should be making reparations to the Jewish people for mine killing all those poor jews in the Halocaust.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Feb. 4, 2010