How old is too old to use a Bulb Syringe

My son just turned 2 a few weeks ago, we used to use ocean spray then the bulb to suck out his nose, because he can't sleep well when he is all stuffed up. I know I would hate that being in my nose so when is he too old to use it?

sdierker

Asked by sdierker at 11:29 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• until he can blow his nose sucessfully on his own,go ahead and use it
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 11:32 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Mine's almost 3 and I still use it. She'll bring it to me when she's really stuffed up. For just a runny nose, she can blow just fine. But when she's really congested, it helps a bit more when mixed with saline.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• my son is 28 months and I still use it, we are working on blowing but he isn't getting it and he HATES a booger nose
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:00 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I've had to use it on my 6 year old she was so stuffed up and couldn't blow.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• There isn't an age you need to stop using it... while uncomfortable for a minute it helps clear things out. Until your child is able to blow his nose well on his own I would continue to use it. Keep in mind though that doing it too often can cause MORE congestion... we only do it before bed to help him sleep.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2010