I have a 15 yr. old who was being made fun of in school and all of the kids in this school wouldn't qiut and teachers ,principlal and super intendent wouldn"t do any thing so I had to move her in w/ her grandparents now she don't get to see her brother and sister what do I do?

I even tried to get lawyers to take this case but they wouldn't because it was too close to home or cause it didn't get violent. The school is suppose to have a bullying policy but they forgot to put it in the rule books.

shelbilinn

Asked by shelbilinn at 11:43 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Why did you have to move her in with her grandparents?
    Anonymous

• Why does koving her away help? It's like she gets punished instead of the bullys. IMO you aren't helping her at all you are only making it worse and you are teaching her to run away from her problems.
    Anonymous

• I was bullied and named called from elementary school all the way to high school graduation. All my mother used to say was ignore them or she would get on the bus and tell the kids to stop, which made it worse. I HATED and dreaded going. I didn't have the option of going to my grandparents. So she's fortunate to have the opportunity. It is unfortunate that they cant see each other but let them continue to communicate. Over the computer I think it's Skype or whatever that live feed is. Physically she wont be there but it'll lessen the blow.

Why haven't you spoken to the Board of Education or superintendent? If the principal doesn't do anything, go above him. And then above the next person until someone listens. But make sure you make notations as far as who you spoke to and when. That info may come in handy later.

How is she doing with her grandparents?

Anonymous

• Keep fighting for her and if going to the principal doesn't work go above him. I'm sure there are other kids that haven't spoken up that probably appreciate what you're doing too.

I don't agree with Anon 12:51 PM. Why is it running away from her problems when you're giving her a better school environment? Now if her mom wasn't trying to talk to the principal then yeah, I'd agree that it's running away.

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 1:01 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• First, I want to say that I am deeply sorry to hear this; just reading your post makes me livid! I scrolled (briefly) through the replies and maybe someone here mentioned this; however, if not, I strongly suggest (to the superintendent of schools) that if this school your child was attending doesn't explain why their bullying policy wasn't implemented regarding your daughter, then a third party (meaning a lawyer) will be making a visit! There are lawyers who get paid if and only you get compensated. And as far as a lawyer taking the case, well, you need to make a few phone calls to find out! When you mention the law, whether it is a lawyer or your local police, they will wake up. BTW...you should do this whether your child goes back to that school or not! They need to know what they said/did to your child!! It doesn't matter if it was physical or not, verbal bullying is a whole other animal and is as bad ,sometimes worse.

Anonymous

• I am so sorry that this happend to your daughter! I know what that is like! Back when i was in school kids made fun at me and when i told my parents they just told me to grow up! But it still didn't help me at the time! Have thought of having a family meeting with your other kids with your husband around and ask them why the other kids are making fun of your daughter? Because your daughters brother and sister should have been sticking up for your daughter when that was happening! Also! Go back to the school and demand a meeting with the principlal and the supertident with all the kids there that had made fun of your daughter and have all the kids parents there too! This should never have been taken lightly at all! And have your parents there too! So that they can know what is really going on!
    babyboomer1977

Answer by babyboomer1977 at 3:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I'm from another post about the same issues. If it comes up again...I can only tell you what I have been told or what I have done. It was told to me by a detective friend and a local cop that we had to call bcz of the threats. Document everything, ie; everytime your child tells you he/she is harrassed/bullied, or threatened. Stay on the school...even if that means calling or going there everyday. Tell them it is their responsibily to make/keep your child safe. If it does not happen they will be held accountable. Go to the school board, you can also attempt to get a restraining order against the guilty kid/kids. It then will be on the school to release that student...which ultimately ends up on the guilty parties parents to find a place for their problem child to go to school.

This makes the kids stop for awhile...it becomes quite peaceful for everyone involved. CONT
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 11:54 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• But, like clockwork (every few months) the bullies get bored, need drama. It starts up again. I have my rear back down at that school again. I've been on the phone everyday this week w/the principal. I'm sure they hate to see me, or hear my voice these days. lol

My daughter does not seem to mind...she's thrilled when the bully drama dies down. lol I'm sure my reputation will follow me up to highschool next year too. Doesn't matter much to me. I'm just trying to help get my daughter get her education in peace...period! Funny thing, when the bullies actually come around and get to know me...they love coming here. Altho, these days, some of them are no longer allowed here. There are days like today when I fall apart...and, no one around me 'gets it.' Just stay on the school...daily, if needed. Stay strong for your kiddo, you will all get thru this. btw, can you tell I was tortured in school? Never again, will I be bullied!
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 12:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Im curious what it was they were teasing her about......... was it anything you could have helped her change?
    Anonymous

• Interesting that your profile lists only one 10 yr old child.

Hmmmmmm.
    Anonymous