Is a 3.0 credit score pretty high?

I was told that if I paid off my one bad credit card I would have a 3.0 credit score. Is that really good? As I understand it the card is the only thing on hubby and my credit.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• No, that's horrible :( sorry not trying to be mean. We are working on a 601 credit score to get it up to where we can qualify for stuff which it needs to be at least 620.

Here's a link that will explain what your credit score rating is and what is good/bad.  I would still pay off any old debt if you're working on credit and can.  To raise your score it's best to pay all bills on time, have no outstanding debt and if you don't have a house, car or credit card right now that reports whether you're paying on time then I suggest a secured credit card preferably through your bank you're willing to pay on.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/credit-score-rating-scale.html

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 1:27 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• No, I wouldn't say that's high. I would say that's actually pretty low. I've never heard of a credit score being 3.0. The higher the better. The best you can get is up in the 700's I believe.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:48 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Credit scores range from 400 to 850 so i am not sure what number they gave you. There is no such credit score of 3.0.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• He might have said 300.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• If it's 300 then it's terribly low.. 720 or higher is where you want to be.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:55 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• If it's 300 then it's "very poor" credit, and no one will give you a loan. You can't do ANYTHING with that number of a credit score. There is no such thing as a 3.0 credit score.
    Anonymous

• 3.0 is non-existant. 300 is rediculously poor. Mine is around 460, and while considered good, it's not good enough to do much. Ideally you want your credit score over 700.
    Anonymous

• My brother in law is a pro at credit, he's got an 850, they pay there bills as soon as they get billed, he owns four companies so they're well to do. but to my understanding anything below 500 is bad....ot "poor" credit...I have a 700 ;((
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 2:05 PM on Feb. 4, 2010