Does this happen to you?

Do you have a tween or teen that doesn't want you to help him/her with their homework, look at their homework, speech, etc. Is this normal? Makes us think she has something to hide.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• I remember being that way. You feel you are old enough to not have Mom and Dad breathing down your neck. I would say why check her homework unless she is doing really bad at school. She is trying to find some independents from you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• My policy is if their grades are good keep doing what you are doing. But if she is hiding something follow your gut and do something about it.
    Anonymous

• I never wanted help from my parents when I was younger, I agree with the other poster...if they're getting good grades then don't worry about it.....if not then step in.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 1:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2010