Does this happen to you?

Do you have a tween or teen that doesn't want you to help him/her with their homework, look at their homework, speech, etc. Is this normal? Makes us think she has something to hide.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Are grades up to par?? If so, don't worry about it. Your child is handling their course work in a mature manner.
    If they aren't up to par, then they are hiding something and need some GENTLE help.
    But remember, at this age, they are trying so hard to be come independant. Don't strong arm them into accepting your help, but don't let them fail completely when you know they can do it either.
    Anonymous

• As long as the grades are good, I don't worry.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• My sons (who are seniors) get A's and B's and I haven't asked to see their homework since they started the 7th grade. It's their responsibility to get it done and to do it well. If they were missing assignments or getting bad grades then it would be a different story but I don't see the need to check on a student who is not behind on their school work or who is not getting poor grades.

Anonymous

• My son and I have been very close...because of abuse,
    and yes, it does kinda hurt , my feelings when , he whats privacy now,,,,,
    BUT.......
    as a MAMA. I am sad, but, YES I have to let him grow-up......
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 3:42 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• my son hate to have me look at his work. i have seen some and it is very good especially poems and liturature but i think he thinks it is girly so he dosen't want me to see it.
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 11:06 PM on Feb. 7, 2010