does giving birth hurt you alot or a little???

like when you are in the hospital giving birth does it hurt???? lol...

cindy1121331

Asked by cindy1121331 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Nope, not at all. It is actually nice. Like a walk in the park. That's why there are pain meds and epidurals invented for it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:53 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• It hurt like HELL! I went for 14 hours without pain medication and NEVER will I do that again.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• with an epidural it is painless and easy. but generally giving birth is different for everyone.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:57 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I had 7 hours with no meds.....IT HURT EMMENSELY!!!!! Duh.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:02 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I had an edi and it still hurt. Ugh, I had contractions for about 4 hours.. it was crazy pain.
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 12:02 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• yeah, it hurts.

mine wasn't bad pain until my water was broken then all hell broke loose and I begged for the epidural or I was giong to throw up all over the dr.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:04 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• It's painful but it doesn't last forever. I would say a 7, with the kidney infections I've had being a 10. I went drug free, stayed moving and plan on doing the same for baby #2. Just trust your body & find coping skills that work for you--squatting, rocking, shower/bath, humming & if you choose meds, know the risks.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 12:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• i had fast labors. only about an hour or so of contractions and pushing each time. i didnt have an epidural. i went natural. and it hurt, but not too bad. i liked knowing what my body was doing and feeling the cues. it was pretty easy for me anyway.
    DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 12:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• or not at all?
    (Another option!)

Actually, I didn't have hospital births with my babies, if you are looking to reduce pain, out of hospital birthing is a nice option to consider!
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• It was the worst pain I've ever felt in my life, but it was worth it. I did it without pain meds and would do it again without them.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:15 PM on Feb. 4, 2010