My 3 year old son complains/ or announces that his penis "get's big" ...

Hi- I am wondering if this is normal. My 3 year old son gets errections every so often. When it happens- he obviously notices it...because he will say "my penis is getting big"
Is this normal for this to be occuring?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yep..normal. They pretty much get erections from birth. Your son is just now able to notice it and vocalize it to you.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:59 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Little boys can get erections as babies. I have a hard time believing this is his first one. Just tell him not to touch it and it will shrink again.
    Anonymous

• Tell him it just means he has to go to the bathroom until it gets soft again.
    Jeanyus

Answer by Jeanyus at 12:12 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Of course it is normal. It means he is made well and has no defects. :-)
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Yea its normal. My little brother use to get them as a baby but now he does not announce it :)
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 12:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• You should teach him not to announce it, especially out of the house. But getting them is normal.
    Anonymous

• Yes, getting them is perfectly normal. And at his age, noticing them is normal as well. Now we just work on the whens and hows to mention it, if he feels it necessary. : ) I say be glad that he knows his parts Mamma. My son (now 25) when he was 3 asked me (loudly of course) at the grocery store if a man there had a penis 'like him'. I was like....um, well probably not EXACTLY like you...and got out of that aisle as fast as I could. Then we had a little talk about when and where it was okay to talk about his penis. Good times. LOL.
    Anonymous

• Anon...the grocery store story is HILARIOUS! i love it. i am glad my SS didn't have too much adjustment.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 1:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• my son was the same way! he would say that it was big .... i would tell him to run around (that actually does move the blood flow away from his penis so it deflates quicker) and tell him if he doesnt want it to be big. stop playing with it.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:22 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• LOL yes it is normal. Wait till he tells you it feels good to pinch it or whatever he does to it.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:36 AM on Feb. 5, 2010