Anyone else a hoarder?

I just did laundry and as I was pulling the items out of the basket I counted the pants I bought yesterday. There were 12. That doesn't count the ones I already own (way too many). There are not enough days in the week to wear all these pants! I told myself that for every pair I brought into the house I'd get rid of one but I am having a bit of a problem doing that! LOL The really crazy part is that I don't even like wearing pants unless my legs are cold. I like wearing dresses and skirts! Anyone else suffer from this?

Asked by admckenzie at 11:59 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think I have hoarding tendencies. I've been trying to declutter and one of my weaknesses seems to be office supplies. I keep finding envelopes all through my house even though I rarely use them. I have multiples of things I don't need but find it very difficult to get rid of them because they *might* be needed some day.

I'm trying to get it under control before I need a "hoarders" style intervention on tv! Lately I've also noticed that I can't find things I need and/or I can't keep an area clean because of all the things I'm storing. The good stuff is getting buried in trash and sometimes getting wrecked.

Fortunately I've been slowly but surely getting rid of some of this junk and hope to see improvement asap.
    Six_on_my_own

Answer by Six_on_my_own at 7:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• said quietly yeah. shoes and magazines. shhhhh
    Anonymous

• Hoarding is an actual phychiatric diagnosis.people with Hoarding, a form of OCD rarely will admit to it. But it causes serious negative issues in thier life and relationships with others.

not sure if casually going around treating hoarding like a kind of joke is a good thing?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:04 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I have finally overcome the problem with my wardrobe, but I still stock my pantry like we'll be stuck in the house for months with no way out.
    Anonymous

• yes..for some reason i dont like to shred my mail so it stays stacked on the table and i get kinda mad when dh tries to toss it. also food...i tend to buy groceries when we don't even need them...maybe cuz i shop when i'm hungry
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:05 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Lol~! That's funny...no, I have the opposite problem..I hate having a lot of 'stuff'.. so I'm always donating things then turning around months later and going 'where's that cool~*ss sweatshirt I bought d*mnit?' I'll drive myself crAZy lookin for it then finally remember & think...some lucky sob probably bought it for a dollar at the thrift store and is wearing it right now!#%&
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 12:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I'm not a hoarding.

There's a show called "Hoarders" on A&E.

http://www.aetv.com/hoarders/

Anonymous

• I think there are levels of extremity for hoarding. Like 1-10. I'd put myself as a 4, so I don't think I have a "problem" with it but if you put yourself a 6 or higher you have a problem.
    Anonymous

• have you checked out the group for 'the fly lady' - I like her approach-
    Anonymous

• I think for me it's mainly fabric scraps. Every time I throw some away I realize I need it to finish off a neckline or something. But since they don't take up too much space I don't worry too much. I limit it to a certain amount.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2010