How much therapy or how long do I need to be in therapy to get over this abusive monkeyspank?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm not sure what an abusive monkeyspank is. If you are referring to an abusive relationship that you are no longer in, well it takes forever. Sorry that might not be the answer you want but it's the truth. My first marriage was abusive, I met him in 1980 when I was 19 years old, we got married, had one child, and got divorced. I was with him for 4 1/2 years and it probably took me at least 10 if not closer to 15 years to finally get past everything. I don't mean it took me that long to get over HIM, I was done with him a year before I even left him. But the after affects of abuse lingered forever and came out in really odd ways. I finally was able to just put it behind me and not bring left over emotions into my current relationships. It's a daily thing that you have to work at, but time goes by and it does get better.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 12:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I'm sorry, but I am also unfamiliar with the term 'abusive monkeyspank'. At any rate, therapy in general needed for any of a myriad of different reasons is so personal to each individual. The amount of time needed in therapy is really dependent upon so many things and cannot easily be defined in terms of time, like say six months for XYS, but really more geared towards each person receiving the therapy, what their core issues are, etc. I don't think that there is a hard and fast rule in reference to how long...and I know for myself, that even several years of therapy did not 'cure' me, but enabled me to function better. The things that happened are still in my memory banks and will not dissappear, but I have learned how to live with them much more effectively.
    Anonymous

• OP here-"monkeyspank" = "equivalent to the worth of primate jizz"
    Anonymous

• I am still dealing with it...
    AND
    I own a Domestic Abuse group...
    Do a search ??? for groups
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 9:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2010