For moms that don't like porn but their DH watches it anyway

Is it like a "pick your battle" kinda thing? Or choose the lesser of evils by saying you would rather him watch porn that go out and screw women, like those are the only two options? If you don't like it, why do you put up with it? Just curious..

legalmommy101

Asked by legalmommy101 at 12:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's like a Don't Ask, Don't Tell kind of thing. I know he watches porn. He has spent two tours in Iraq. He's not the type to go out and screw other women so I am not worried about that. Maybe I have self esteem issues and that thought of him getting off by watching other women on the internet bothers me a bit?
    Anonymous

• Is it self esteem issues or that you feel somewhere deep down inside that it's wrong? Wrong for him to be sexually pleasuring himself looking at other women? Wrong that he's watching women degrade themselves?

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I'd rather him watch it on tv than go to the strip clubs. He used to go to them all the time but then after a couple of them closed they (his bf) stopped going.  Now it's Nintendo.

I'm so, so glad they closed Club 55. I hated it with a passion. The thought of him going there to watch those skanky, nasty azz women. I'm assuming that they were as dirty as the outside of the building. Good ridden. Sorry, my opinion.

Anonymous

• It's like a Don't Ask, Don't Tell kind of thing. I know he watches porn. He has spent two tours in Iraq. He's not the type to go out and screw other women so I am not worried about that. Maybe I have self esteem issues and that thought of him getting off by watching other women on the internet bothers me a bit? this.
    Anonymous

• I didn't like it. I didn't want him to watch it. I made my feelings clear about the how and why it bothered me. And I made it clear what would happen if he did it again. He doesn't watch it anymore. He knows when he's got a good thing.
    Anonymous

• Seems to me women who have issues with porn need to not marry men who like porn in the first place. It's awfully self-centered to expect someone to change for you just because you don't like something they do that's perfectly safe and legal. Women throw tantrums if men try to tell them how much makeup to wear or how to shop, but it's ok for them to dictate a guy's porn habit?
    Anonymous

• I don't care that he does. It is not worth fighting over and to have him seeking behind my back to watch it.
    Anonymous

• "I'd rather him watch it on tv than go to the strip clubs. He used to go to them all the time "

Look at what you're saying though. The man that you love with all your heart and the man you chose to spend the rest of your life with is was doing something intentionally to hurt you by going to strip clubs. He still continues to do it by watching it on tv. Why not stand up to something that bothers you instead of letting it continue? You are worth it. This crap about men needing porn is a LIE! Watching porn is a choice not a need. Don't sell yourself short, you are worth him respecting you and your feelings.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I don't care if he watches porn. It doesn't bother me at all............in fact, it gets me off the hook sometimes. lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• "Women throw tantrums if men try to tell them how much makeup to wear or how to shop, but it's ok for them to dictate a guy's porn habit?"

If women got a sugar daddy to fund their shopping, I bet men would have something to say about that. It's not a control issue, it's about respect and keeping plugged in to the relationship and not going outside of the relationship to fulfill a need that should be met within it.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:46 PM on Feb. 4, 2010