HELP Hair coloring Q

So I used a home kit to dye my hair red, its alright but i would prefer to go back to my natural blond, hows the best way to go about it? Going to a professional is not an option, every time I have gone to a pro, my hair has always been ruined by them

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Blond color does not lift and adding it on top of the red will either cause the vibrance to fade out of the red or do nothing. It's best to have an understanding of color and how the color wheel works.
    Natural blondes have a natural cool base in their coloring and redheads have a warm base.
    I have a friend who is a natural blonde (she's very light) she went red for a while. When she wanted to go back to her natural blond she had to wait for it to grown out a few inches and had it cut into a short spiky style. It was the only way she was able to get the red out.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 5:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• You need to slow go down in colors to the blonde you want.
    Anonymous

• OP
    So go like a dark blond, or light brown?
    Anonymous

• Yes and then when you next time around comes to dye go a color lighter. I think a light brown.
    Anonymous

• you will have to bleach it and red is a pain to get out...watch it carefully and it may take two or three rounds depending on how light you need it to be to go back to a color closer to what you want Also- the hair closest to the scalp will come up faster than the rest so be aware of that. then you will have to get the color and I would suggest recunstrucor for it also because that is a lot of chemicals in a very short amount of time- I think your best bet would be to go to a proffesional
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Honestly - it's extremely difficult to get red hair color out of blond hair. Color specialists in a salon have a hard time getting red out of blond. I have heard color specialists in our salon tell clients that it can't be done. Trying to get it out will probably fry your hair.
    Never ever put bleach on hair that has already been bleached - I have seen hair disolve and melt off people's heads.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 2:53 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• OP
    So what will happen if I add blond hair dye on top of the red?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Feb. 5, 2010