at what age did u give chocolate milk to ur child??

hi my baby is almost a year and I wanna know at what age can I give her chocolate milk and if is it good for her ???

shirley_339

Asked by shirley_339 at 12:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• no its not good its full of SUGAR!

mine were close to 2 before they had chocolate milk.

white milk is MUCH better for them - sure the nutritional value of chocolate is pretty much the same but there's a TON of sugar in it
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Probably around 3. And then it was a tiny amount of Ovaltine in regular milk. Because it has more vitamins and less sugar than any other. I wouldn't recomment it at all until at least three and then only if they are too skinny and as long as they eat extremely healthy. No need for it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Yes it is not good for them at all. Mine were over 2 when they started to get chocolate milk.
    Anonymous

• Mine had chocolate milk by age 1. they are perfectly healthy too. You can also get soy milk, which tastes even better to me, but rather pricey. That's a luxury item around here and a special treat for the kids.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 12:43 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• my son is 6, he has never had chocolate milk
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:47 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• You have to be careful, because he may never want to drink white milk again. My friend made that mistake putting strawberry syrup in her son's milk. He would never drink white milk again. I don't see the need. My daughter doesn't even drink juice. She is perfectly content drinking only water and milk. Why? Because she's never had anything else.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:04 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I started with my oldest when she was around two. I always used Ovaltine. She does not mind white milk. My younger daughter would not touch white milk and one day I bought the expensive stuff in the glass bottles and that's all she wanted to drink. None of my kids have cavities or obesity issues. They are fine. For the most part, they all got their chocolate milk before they turned two.
    Anonymous

• DD is on lactaid. I buy her a half gallon of chocolate lactaid once a month as a special treat, but that's it. She didn't get any before she was 2.
    Maddys_Mama

Answer by Maddys_Mama at 1:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• It's NOT good for them, but I give it once in a while. My kids are 2 and 4, and when I DO give it, it's carnation instant breakfast when I know we'll have bfast late.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• My daughter was about 1.5 when she had chocolate milk....she loves it and I don't think there is anything wrong with it. It's like everything else, good in moderation.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 1:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2010