a neighbor question (off another post)

Im curious how many of you are really close with your neighbors.

Are they your best friends, are they acquaintances, are you simply polite, are you indifferent, or do you down right dislike them?

And why.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• we do not know any of our neighbors. I know its kinda sad but i'm really shy. we should but its really hard to break the ice. They havent so that doesnt really say much on there half. I think the neighbors to the right of us our gay...and very private, they have a very tall privacy fence and lots of privacy trees. my neighbors to the left are loud and always have people over they ride 4 wheelers up and down the street all the time...they are college kids, i think. across the street we have a cop. he waves every now and then but thats all we do.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:00 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• We sat hi when we pass,but are not friends.We tend to stay to ourselves.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 1:01 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• we wave and say hi. thats about it.
    Anonymous

• We are simply polite when we see them. We do not know them well and live in a large metro area. They could be murders for all we know.
    Anonymous

• I know four of my neighbors, well, five if you count my bil. I know the family next to me because after we moved in I got a job a daycare for awhile and the kids go there. On the other side of us is a single older lady that dh, as well as all the other neighbors, will help out once in awhile with things around the house. On the other side of her is a family with a bunch of kids we see at the park. The family right across the street has become really good friends. The mom is over pretty much every day to visit and the teenage girls babysit our kids every thursday night. The dad is over asking dh for advice and borrowing tools. I guess that is quite a fee neighbors to know but I feel like it is hardly any compared to how many houses there are. Everyone else just waves and says hi as they drive or walk bye.
    Anonymous

• I have neighbors?
    Anonymous

• we are in the army, and so i talk to all my neighbors when i moved here. the neighbors that lived next door were friends to us, we would invite them over, things like that. the guy that moved in after them, i just say hey to. he doesnt have a family..so i dont really know what to say to him. the one across the street has become my best friend. all the others i talk to, say hey, let our kids play outside, but thats about it.
    Anonymous

• I think i just came to the realization that MY FAMILY is the weird family on the street.

We are very friendly with the couple across from us. They drink a lot and we don't so we hang out with them less than they want us to. The lady next door is a drugged out (insert nasty words) and needs to stop salivating while my husband mows the lawn. Other than that, we have so few interactions with the neighbors. I think it's bc they think we're weird.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:27 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I have lived in my house for 15 years and only know a few of my neighbors. My neighborhood is one in transition, when I moved in it was an 'old folks' neighborhood, and now it is slowly turning over to younger families. So alot of the people are either housebound, have moved, or are working couples who are rarely home. I am on friendly terms with my driveway neighbor, she and her family moved in a yr ago, she and I have a friend in common. I do have 2 neighbors that I don't like and I don't let my kids play with their kids (long story!!).
    Anonymous

• Used to be friends with the neighbors around me,same street- but it got after a while...Who is talking about who-who hates who, this one drinks too much, this one does whatever, so got out of that-no more,just a HI&BYE and go on my way,or stay in my own house. to much turn your back-get talked about-- don't want to be bothered with that. I keep a couple that I talk with if I need to, but mostly, stay by myself, and they can stay with themselves--to nosy for me
    Anonymous