Stiff legs

My son is 20 months and I've noticed lately that his legs seem to be getting stiff. Especially when I go to change his diapers now. His legs are pulled up to his stomach and I can't get them to lay flat or go straight out so I can get his diaper on properly. He also walks stiff legged. It seems to be his knees that are really stiff. He hasn't always been this way though, we've noticed it this last month. When he was a baby his shoulders were really stiff. He couldn't lift his arms up very high and he still has an issue with that. Our pedi and EI nurse told us to do excercises daily to help stretch his arms upand help them become less stiff. Anyone have their LO go through this? Should I bring this back up to my pedi?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes bring it up with his ped

Answer by admckenzie at 1:00 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I would definately bring it back up to his pedi. If you still get the same answers, I would look at switching to a different pedi or just take him to another one for a second opinion. I had to switch pedi's when my daughter was two & I am sooo glad I did. Her original pedi was a 2nd generation Dr. His father was very well known & everyone thought he was wonderful. He seemed a good choice @ first & he was always very nice. But my daughter was really sick for 5 mos straight & he kept blowing it off as her getting one bug after another, back to back. When I took her to another pedi, I found out she had Chronic Bronchitis on top of Pneumonia and was developing asthma. After being Rx'ed a neb, she got better in two weeks. Her original pedi seemed to only be a dr b/c his dad was. So my advice is try his pedi again & go for a second opinion if you need to. Don't let your child suffer b/c of a poor diagnosis.
    MilMom04

Answer by MilMom04 at 1:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Thanks for the replies! And my husband and I have really been contemplating getting a new pedi for our son. My mommy gut really says we should but I don't know how to find a new one who candle my son. He has other health issues like asthma and GERD and a swallowing disorder. I don't want to start over with a new pedi you know? How did you find your new pedi for your daughter?
    Anonymous