Stiff legs

My son is 20 months and I've noticed lately that his legs seem to be getting stiff. Especially when I go to change his diapers now. His legs are pulled up to his stomach and I can't get them to lay flat or go straight out so I can get his diaper on properly. He also walks stiff legged. It seems to be his knees that are really stiff. He hasn't always been this way though, we've noticed it this last month. When he was a baby his shoulders were really stiff. He couldn't lift his arms up very high and he still has an issue with that. Our pedi and EI nurse told us to do excercises daily to help stretch his arms upand help them become less stiff. Anyone have their LO go through this? Should I bring this back up to my pedi?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Totally bring up to his ped. Trust yourself. Even if you are wrong and it is nothing, better safe than sorry. I would call and make an appointment soon though.
    mom2LandL

Answer by mom2LandL at 1:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Yes push it. There are many rare conditions. Most not that big of deal but some are. Listen to that mommy voice even if it means getting a second, third, and fourth opinion.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 1:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Yes you def need to bring it up with the Dr! Expecially if he has had this type of problem befor. You could try a type of massage with him after bath time with lotion this may help too
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:30 AM on Feb. 5, 2010