can i raise my baby at the age of 16 and still go to school??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• people have done it.

if you were my daughter I would strongly suggest adoption.
    Anonymous

• I am sure you can if you have support either a parent or someone willing to help you.
    Anonymous

• Yes but you will have to work hard to do it. I have had friends that did it.
    Anonymous

• Yes.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:02 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Yes you can. My son has friends whose girlfriends had babies and they took care of their children and finished school with the help of their parents. Depending on how supportive your families are you may be able to work out a schedule where they watch the baby and you attend school and in return you cook dinner(which is something usually mom or dad does).

Just because you are a young mom doesn't make you any less likely to finish school, it will just be a little more challenging than most of your peers. Good for you for wanting to finish school. Hang in there and stay focused. It's only a couple of years of your life that will be for the benefit of both you and your baby in the long run.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 1:03 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• YEs absolutely. and be an excellent mother. I had twins at 17 and still graduated with high honors and am now in college. You have to make your priorities right. no more selfishness, be selfless for your child . let your child be your motivation for school. To better his or her life. Check with your county because a lot of counties have a program where they will take care of daycare for you to finish school, and there's also subsidized daycare.
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 1:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Yes, you can even do your schooling online. Please check out this site. K12 Online Public Schools

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 1:08 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• "YEs absolutely. and be an excellent mother. I had twins at 17 and still graduated with high honors and am now in college. You have to make your priorities right. no more selfishness, be selfless for your child . let your child be your motivation for school. To better his or her life. Check with your county because a lot of counties have a program where they will take care of daycare for you to finish school, and there's also subsidized daycare. "

- that is WONDERFUL advice :)
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 1:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Yes you can. I had my son 3 months before turning 17 and I am now a nurse. In the process of buying and building my first home and I am only 25. My sons father and I are now married and have another son as well. Anything is possible. It will be hard but you use your child as your motivation to be all you can be and do all you can do. Good Luck!
    hotmomi818

Answer by hotmomi818 at 1:10 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Im a stay at home mom and this is the hardest job Ive ever had. School would be a welcomed break.

You can do it if you really want to. If you dont want to you'll end up feeling that your baby is a burden rather than a blessing and you'll turn yourself into a bad mom.

Whatever you do do not quit school. Do not quit school, not even to "take a break".

Without a diploma you are sentencing yourself to a life of working dead end jobs.... like a gas station attendant.

If you were my daughter, i would discuss with you your other options.

Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 1:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2010