who loved and who hated late pregnancy? (37-42+ weeks)

overall i loved it!

there are so many posts on here of moms who are so sick of being pregnant at 40 weeks (or 38 or 41), i'm just wondering if i was alone with my son. i was perfectly content to stay pregnant. i was getting sore and tired by 41 weeks, sure! and i really wanted to meet my baby of course! but overall i enjoyed pregnancy.

i understand some people are extremely uncomfortable at the end so i'm hoping i don't have that at the end of this (my 2nd) pregnancy. i did have trouble sleeping and had to pee 25 times per day, and had some discomfort (rib pain oh my!) but overall i was still loving pregnancy.

i hope i can enjoy the end of pregnancy this time around too. anyone else sad to say goodbye to pregnancy even after those long 9 months ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my pregnancy was PERFECT up until that last month. once i got that far my blood pressure started sky rocketing, i swelled up like a balloon, and he was laying so low on me that i could barely walk.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 1:08 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I've hated every second of both of my pregnancies.
    Yoshi_Yoshi

Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 1:13 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• sorry preggers wasnt my favorite thing.
    Anonymous

• i didnt mind the late part of my pregnancy. however, when my due date came...and went..thats when i kinda got sad. lol i thought i was going to be pregnant forever. i wanted to have her on dec 18th, thats when i believe my due date was. But i didnt have her until jan 14th.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 1:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I don't care for pregnancy...period. LOL. I love the end result and I like feeling her kick and move around now that I can, but that's about the only thing I enjoy. This pregnancy has been even worse for me than the first, and now at 27 weeks I am wishing I was done! I feel as big and uncomfortable now as I did at 36-38 weeks with my first. BUT I know she needs to stay in quite a bit longer for her own health...though I'm still hoping she'll arrive a few weeks early. Hehe. But of course, after I have her I'm sure I'll forget all the trouble I've gone through and will just love every single second with both my girls. :)
    RoniV

Answer by RoniV at 1:17 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I hated my first pregnancy. I was sick every day for the whole thing, I got super, super fat, I retained so much water that my body swelled up massively and my legs were like tree trunks, I was horribly hormonal and moody and I just felt like garbage.
    Also my skin and hair looked terrible.

My second pregnancy I liked way better until I found out I had gestational diabetes. There was a week of thinking I couldn't eat anything delicious that was torturous but then once I figured out that it wasn't as bad as I thought it was, it got better again.
    My skin stayed nice and my hair did a 180 and was soft and shiny and my curls that I lost while pregnant with my son came back while I was pregnant with my daughter.

It's amazing what our bodies do and go through.

Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I do not enjoy pregnancy. I was sick as hell the first itme, and have been sick a lot this time too, but it hasn't been as bad. This will be my LAST pregnancy. :)
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 1:19 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• OMG those weeks were the worst! I had a great pregnancy up until those weeks. At that time you're bloated, unattractive, have cankles, etc. I have never seen a cute or happy looking pregnant person that far along. It's just nasty!
    Anonymous

• I was tired and uncomfortable, but I wasn't rushing to get my baby out. I'm content to let my babies gestate as long as they need.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 1:36 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• With #1 I was NOT ready for him to come out! We hit very hard times at 7 months so I needed him to stay put as long as possible while we figured things out. #2 I was ready to see her by 37 weeks. She was due right after Christmas and I was just wishing she would come before so we could have her for Christmas time.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2010