total crap!

Ok this is more of a vent..but on the national web site for big brothers and sisters it says they start working with children at age 6. My son is 6 1/2, no father in his life. The DC area does not start their mentoring program until age 8. UGH
Is it just me does anyone else think this is crap?!

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 1:10 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• crap. but probably for safety issues or something.
    Anonymous

• Call around and start making some complaints. I'm not far from D.C. and our big brothers and sisters program starts at 6. You've obviously found a flaw in the program. The only way to make a change is to step up and let your voice be heard.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 1:12 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• not saftey - the guy had the nerve to tell me that younger than that they are just babysitting, and not capable of a real relationship. SERIOUSLY?! Do they know how much an individaul is formed by age 8. Apparantly my 6 1/2 yr old is not capable of a metnor relationship. UGH. The national web site doesn't even say it varries by state, just says they start at age 6. I just want my lil man to have a man in his life to have guy time with.
    Sorry, mad and venting...
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Sounds crap to me.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:03 PM on Feb. 4, 2010