For women who miscarried and got pregnant soon after - how long did it take to get pregnant again, and when you did get pregnant did you worry a lot that you might miscarry again, did it make your pregnancy difficult?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i misscarried the 3rd time in our TTC i was pregnant again within 21 days of that misscarriage. spent 4 months on specail meds to supplement my hormone productions, spent most of those 4 months wrapped around the toilet. but i have my 6 year old.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I miscarried at 7 weeks back in Sept 2008. It took me until July 2009 to get pregnant again. Not sure why it took us so long - I had no problems with the first pregnancy. Yes! I was worried with every little detail. Once I saw the baby on sonogram that helped but I really stopped freaking out when I could feel him moving. Everyone is different so you might not have any troubles getting pregnant again. After my m/c my cycles were all messed up! Relax and good luck!
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 1:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• It was a long time ago but my kids are 17 months apart and I miss carried in between. YES- absolutly I was scared to death most of the time when I was pregnant with my second child. However I am sure that was completely normal.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 1:43 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I miscarried at 8 weeks 4 days on October 22nd. On December 2nd I got a positive pregnancy test, I was 4 weeks 3 days. I am now 14 weeks and I am still terrified!
    ToddsMommy1117

Answer by ToddsMommy1117 at 2:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I had my 2ed entopic pregnancy February 12th and became pregnant a 3ed time in April. As told by the obgyn I was seeing I conceived to soon after having surgery on my fallopian tube and that once I miscarried this baby they would run tests to find out why I miscarry so many of my babies. I was told not to expect the baby to make it. Being told not to expect my baby to make it killed me. I waited month after month for my baby to die but hoped for a miracle. I just new I couldnt get attached to this baby knowing what pain was to come. It was at 38weeks pregnant that I just couldnt stand the pain any more of waiting for my baby girl to die. I got really depressed and had to be addmited to a hospital for my severe depression. One week later I gave birth to a very healthy happy beautiful baby girl!
    Assila

Answer by Assila at 3:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I miscarried at 7 weeks pregnant on mother's day of 2009... I found out June 8th, 2009 that I was 4 weeks 5 days pregnant... I was worried through the first trimester... and my mind started to ease... I just had my son Jan 29th, 2010... he's healthy and perfect!!
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 3:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• i misscarried in 07 (twins) and then in June of 09 i misscarried i was a little over 2 months and i found out in Nov 09 i was preg again and now im little over 4 months and yes this preg i worry all the time with every cramp every paina nd im so scared that when i go to the dr there going to tell me my baby pass away again and so scared of that but i have tryied my best to look at the good things happing through this preg and trying so hard not to think of the past and it help when i look at the u/s i was also told at 18 years old i would never be able to get preg and if i did i wouldnt be able to carry the baby and ill lose it so with the misscarrages i had i thought they were right and i was about to give up so know dont give up
    Anonymous

• I miscarried (12 weeks) about 4 months back and am currently 9 weeks prego. It took less than 2 months to conceive again, but we used contraceptives the first month because my OB wanted at least one period to help with dates.

I think about it ALL the time, and have to make a conscious effort not to. I do feel it takes some of the joy out of being pregnant but I'm doing my best to stay positive.
    Anonymous