I'm not sorry

When I pray I ask for forgiveness of my sins. I ask to be saved on God's kingdom and my kids and hubby. But I don't feel like I mean it. It's jsut words there's no emotion to go with it.A few months ago I felt God I was so emotional then slowly it went away, I felt like I was filled with God. So was that my test, is God done with me?

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 1:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• God is never done with you! We don't always 'feel' anything. The key is to ask Him to help you feel his presence and His arms around you. Ask Him to help you put Him above all else and for Him to fill you with His spirit.

God never tells us that we will have it easy. We will always be tested, always be challenged. The difference is how we handle it.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 1:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• God will know if you are truly sorry or not, I don't think you are pulling any fast ones by asking forgiveness insincerely. And I don't think God can fill you with his presence every day. You should be grateful for the experience you had and find ways to keep that feeling and presence in your life yourself. Maybe that is the test- to find your own ways to feel closeness to God. You can't put all of the responsibility on Him. Maybe the question is not is God done with you, but are you done with God? And if you aren't done with God then what are you doing about that?
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• God is never done with you.Ever. God does not give us tests. We have free will. I know what you mean about not feeling attached to your emotions during prayer. I find that if I find some alone time and go pray and really think about it, it helps
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 1:46 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• God is never done with you and he never tests either. He gave us free will. God also does not answer our prayers when WE want him to or in the manner WE want him to. He answers our prayers in his time. Remember it is Time and Turn. It could be our time, but not our turn and vice versa, it can be our turn, but not our time. Only God knows.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Sounds to me like you need to do some serious soul searching. Maybe you are talking to the wrong god!
    Anonymous

---------------------------

She's talking to the right one, dont worry about it.
    Anonymous

• I am talking to the right God since there is only one true God :) Sometimes I feel like I mean it its just a lot of the time I don't you think this is Satan's way to try and make me give up?
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:46 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• rhanford, i really do believe that this is satan's way to try and entice you to leave your faith in God. Be strong and keep your prayers up. God will never leave you. Whenever we try to get close to Jehovah, the enemy tries to pull us back. Keep praying and I'll say a prayer for you.

much christian love, Dora
    Anonymous

• hi rhanford, i think you need to ask God for guideance- as we all do and do not despair because God is the One Who Hears all supplications. put your trust in Him Alone..and plz know that you are most welcome to join me and other muslimahs at muslim moms to learn more about our faith, because as you believe in the One True God- we do too. :-)
    muhajjirah

Answer by muhajjirah at 3:50 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• thanks Muha :) and thank all you ladies please pray for me *sigh* I feel so alone although I know I'm not ...
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 3:55 PM on Feb. 4, 2010