Is there ANYONE here who kept their pregnancy a complete secret (even from family) for 12 weeks or more?

Did they suspect anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes. i didnt tell my family or anyone except one friend and my husband for 5 months. i did this with both my pregnancies.
    no one suspected anything. i never really got all that big or had any pregnancy symptoms.
    Anonymous

• no..but i decided with my next one i want to keep the sex secret. I want to know but i'm not going to tell anyone else...only dh.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:50 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I kept it a secret from my family for 9 months. It just didn't come up in a conversation. My youngest dd didn't tell me about one of her pregnancies and I saw her all the time! I guess it was one of those don't ask don't tell things!

Answer by admckenzie at 1:51 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• We always told immediate family around 9 weeks and then other family members till 12 weeks. But I never had to say anything as soon as they saw me they new I was. I show so early.

Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Our cousin.... she went as far as to fake drinking. We were at a family gathering and asked her hubby for a grayhound... he made a virgin and they played it off. My baby is 3 mo. younger than hers and the family knew about my pg at least a month before hers.

To this day I dont get it... strange.
    Anonymous

• admckenzie... were you a teenager at the time or unmarried?

I find that kind of odd that you wouldnt want to share the excitement with your family.
    Anonymous

• I didn't tell anyone IRL but my DH with both til after the 20 week US. IDK I guess I didn't want to jinx it or explian to my DD why there wasn't a baby anymore. One guy I knew noticed my boobs were bigger with my first but other wise no one else knew anything.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 2:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I kept it until I went to the doc to take a test...then they sent me the next day for an US.....I was 19 weeks and 3 days. LOL I didn't even know.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:49 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• yeah i did. i kept it a secret from everyone but my boyfriend, my fiance now, everyone kind of figured it out because i had morning sickness until i was 7 months pregnant. nobody knew until i was probally 6 months because i started gaining weight. hey i was still wearing a bikini on the beach at 5 months and nobody knew lol
    DamiensxmommyxO

Answer by DamiensxmommyxO at 2:53 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Yes. I had decided that after having my 2ed miscarriage that I wouldn’t tell my family or anyone I was expecting Intel I was out of my 1st trimester. At 12weeks my family found out I was pregnant when they got the call that I was going in for surgery for my 3ed D&C.
    Assila

Answer by Assila at 2:57 PM on Feb. 4, 2010