dry round (almost perfect circle) patch of skin on baby's leg.

What could it be? It came when he was sick with a stomach virus (diarrhea) and seemed to have hives. He got better and most went away but a couple stayed - with that being the most disturbing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Kids' Health

• i would maybe go to the doctor since it came about with the diahrea stuff.

until then, i would use lotion unless that seems to irritate it.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 1:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• i would ask doctor since it came with illness too.

but my daughter had a perfect circle raised dry patch on her arm as an infant... i thought it looked like ringworm... but the doctor told me it was just some baby eczema and to put aquaphor on it.

so until you check with the doctor... try vaseline or aquaphor by eucerine on it. good luck.
    Anonymous

• I just noticed my baby has that on the back of her leg after her bath last night...but she wasn't recently though. I just put some lotion on it, it doesn't seem to bother her.
    I think sometimes babies just get weird stuff,lol. But if it is bothering you, give your doctors nurse a call, sometimes they can tell you over the phone what something may be and if they should be brought in or not.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:12 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• @anon:58, my son had that circle on his stomach. I thought ringworm too. The doc said eczema and to put lotion or auquaphor on it...LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I would say one of 2 things...
    It could be ring worm which will clear up if you put lotrimin cream (same stuff you use for athletes foot) on it 2 times/day until it's gone...
    But first I would try putting hydrocortizone cream on it 2 times/day because most likely it's eczema
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:43 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Thank you. This was really helpful.
    Anonymous

• if it is eczema you will want to be sure to keep your child moisterized. my daughter has it and it can get pretty bad and she will itch at it. also, it takes a while to get rid of the rough areas. we have different prescription creams we use on her. plus we use aveeno baby lotion because its stronger and doesn't have the irritating fragerences.

Good luck!
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:39 PM on Feb. 4, 2010