How do you get motivated?

How do you get motivated to clean your house? I love having a clean house, and I don't mind doing house work, I just don't feel like it some days. And the days that I don't feel like doing it seem to be the days that the house needs it the most. It feels like I'm failing my family.. any suggestions? And no bashing please, I feel bad enough as it is and I don't need a bunch of my peers making me feel worse. If you don't have anything nice or helpful to say, then just move on please..

Megs5384

Asked by Megs5384 at 1:53 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Loud music.
    Make a list.
    Post something silly or thought provoking here, and not let myself look at the responces until I have finished one chore.
    DVR or pay per view something great and bribe myself.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 1:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Yes music is a great motivator.

Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Ugh..these days for me have been tough ones,lol. I have the winter blues and don't feel like doing much! I feel so tired and drained all the time..but still..stuff needs to get done..and when they don't I feel awful and I think I judge myself a bit harder than my family does.
    But to get myself going, I take a shower in the morning with a strong smelling soap, that always seems to wake me up a bit then I put music on and dance around with the baby and just start picking up and the more I do..the more I can't stop and before I know it...its' all done. (now,don't get me wrong...this does not happen everyday,haha...like I said..winter blues are kicking my booty!)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:22 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• It sounds really silly, but I buy fresh flowers and put them on my dining room table. That silly little bouquet will get me to clean the entire house every time.

goddessmonica

Answer by goddessmonica at 9:30 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I agree about the flowers! It makes me feel like I want the rest of my house to match and look just as beautiful. : )

Also, caffeine is unfortunately very helpful for me to get going. Don't go too crazy with it though. : )

Btw, your question has motivated me to get off my butt.
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 4:35 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I like to watch the home and garden network. Watching the different shows gives you great ideas, and helps me everytime to get motivated..
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 4:49 PM on Feb. 5, 2010