What's the best swaddle for my newborn?

I see so many different brands and not sure which one to buy for my DS. Polyester, cotton, merino? Please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Swaddling is great for a newborn baby and I found it worked wonders for my son. It mimics the feeling of being inside the womb and is helpful for babies that are colicky and fussy.
    Remember that babies skin is super sensitive, and if you wouldn't put it directly on your skin, don't put it on your LO's. I found that the polyester swaddles irritated my son's skin and caused him to overheat and be sweaty, cotton was OK but I had the most success with merino.
    In terms of style, I didn't like the Woombie or Miracle Blanket because they were too restrictive and prevented DS from moving around, while Aiden & Anais blankets were too loose. If you haven't already, take a look at the Cocooi for your baby. The merino fabric is like a sponge and removes sweat and moisture from baby's skin so it's perfect! (Bear in mind that babies can't regulate body temperature until about 9 months).
    mynaturalbaby

Answer by mynaturalbaby at 2:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I used the Miracle Blanket for my son. We needed one for him that was quite restrictive to help soothe his colic. I loved the miracle blanket. My son had extremely sensitive skin and had no problems at all with it. Keep in mind though that my son was a newborn 6 years ago so they may very well have changed the material since then. I hung on to my Miracle blanket just in case I have another baby, I loved the blanket so much I refuse to part with it.. Ha Ha!
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 2:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I liked the Kiddopatamus swaddles at Babies R Us. They are so easy to use. I had 2 that I used every night with her for the first 2 to 3 months. I do have a Cocooi one and I never used it. It was harder to wrap her up with and seemed like it had way too much fabric going on. I believe they really helped my daughter sleep better at night, so I highly recommend using them. As she got older, we left her arms out and just wrapped her lower half. She is 4 months now and we don't use it all. She sleeps through the night!
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 5:46 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Yes, google the Miracle Blanket. Well worth the price.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I wasn't a big fan of the Miracle Blanket but loved my Cocooi and didn't have any problems with extra fabric, but my son was on the big side so that could have been why.
    I found the bonus hat that came with the Cocooi really handy!!
    Anonymous