Christians -- Does God test?

I'm a Christian, and I've always been taught and grew up learning and believing that God WILL test you, but he will NEVER tempt you.

I saw in a previous post that some believers say God will NOT test you, is there scripture saying God won't test? I don't have any scripture I can think of right now that says God will test, but life is pretty much test enough for me and choosing the right and wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe that we live through a series of tests through God. I also believe that we are not always directly tested but we may be tested through the trials and tribulations of others as well...to see how we as human beings and as Christians reach out to help others.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• When I think about the billions of people here on our earth andpossibly other beings in other galaxies, I wonder how God would have time to concentrate on any one person. No, I don't think he "tests us" It would be very self-centered to expect individual attention for any reason, from God. We just do our best and pray for strength. It is really all up to us.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:10 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Linda- why would you think God wouldn't spend time on one specific person? He answers personal prayers for individuals all the time. He does miracles for individuals all the time, and not for everyone as a whole.
    Anonymous

• op: Thank you M2k. Can I message you for more specific testing scriptures??
    Anonymous

• The time of testing mentioned at Luke 8:13 is not from God but from the pressures of this system of things weakening our faith.
    When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone. James 1:13

JoojooJW

Answer by JoojooJW at 2:36 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• There is a big different in testing and tempting. God will test, the devil (or evil) will tempt.
    Anonymous

• ever heard of the refiner's fire??? we are put through a fire which is a type of testing to purify us and rid us of the impurities.
    Zechariah 13:8-9 (New American Standard Bible)

8"It will come about in all the land,"
    Declares the LORD,
    "That two parts in it will be cut off and perish;
    But the third will be left in it.
    9"And I will bring the third part through the fire,
    Refine them as silver is refined,
    And test them as gold is tested
    They will call on My name,
    And I will answer them;
    I will say, 'They are My people,'

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• And they will say, 'The LORD is my God.'
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Psalm 105: 17He sent a man before them,
    Joseph, who was sold as a slave.
    18They afflicted his feet with fetters,
    He himself was laid in irons;
    19Until the time that his word came to pass,
    The word of the LORD tested him.

God's word to Joseph was tested in his life, and God's word will be tested in Christians' lives, to see if we continue to trust the Lord through good and bad in whatever happens in life.
    Anonymous