need advice please!

So we have decided to ad a puppy to our family. In the next month or so we will be looking. So my question is what breed or mix breeds of dogs are good to have with younger kids? We would like something small or medium size something that won't get to big. Open to breeds and suggestions thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Pets

• I've heard Jack Russels are great with kids..but they are super duper HYPER!! lol..but the kids love that...and they are really smart too.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:17 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I think your best choice would be to just go to the nearest animal shelter, u will know the right dog for u when u see it! Plus u will be saving a life and u will fell great about that! Dogs who have been abused, mistreated, or homeless who need help usually turn out to be the best dogs! My dad has 4 who came from bad homes and they are all such good dogs! they are a German Shepard, Hound dog, Chiwawa, and a brown mutt.
    MummaMel

Answer by MummaMel at 6:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2010