Mean April Fool's joke and planning my revenge!! Did anyone else's SO/DH play a really mean April Fool's on them last year?

He had my MIL convinced I was an alcoholic in need of treatment (I was pregnant! And topic NOT funny!!). She was helping, more watching ;), me clean up my basement and I fell a few months behind on recycling since I have to take it to the center. In my recycling there were 4 cases of empty wine bottles (not ours mind you, his dad - they're divorced - dropped off the cases for me to recycle from a couple work parties) and DH seized the opportunity to tell her that I drank it. She was freaking out, was going to call my parents after dinner, and I was totally exasperated trying to explain it for several hours before he exclaimed April Fool's during dinner. Yes, he thought it was hilarious and we did not! =p

So this year I am going to play a mean trick on him! I want to plan this well in advance incase I need to get supplies for it. Anyone else have this happen to you?

Give me some good mean trick ideas please! :)

Alecto

Asked by Alecto at 2:03 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Print a fake DNA test. LOL... Make sure you keep a copy of it on your computer so when you come clean about it being a joke, you have evidence that you make the fake certificate.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Does he work in an office on the computer?

My dad did this to his secretaries last year. He put a paperclip on copier and made copies so the pages had the look of a paperclip on them. Then they took the paper and put them in the paper tray and removed the paper clip from the copier. (you could put this paper in his printer). When you print a page it looks like a paperclip is on the paper. Drives people nutz trying ot figure out how the paper clip is getn on all thei copies. For a printer it would be funny to slide to paper clip on the top of the page like you hooked stuff together before making copies.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• not me, but i got my dh a couple of yrs ago. He keeps his "precious" in our garage..(his truck)...well he was at work and i called and was acting all panicky and said "please don't hate me"...he was like "what?" i said, i thought i would take the trash to the dump for you and i was backin out of the garage and the mirror came off....he was like "oh, no you didnt"....i busted out laughing and was like "APRIL FOOLS"...
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:08 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I don't know, but I bet you can get your MIL to help you after the stunt he pulled on the two of you.
    Anonymous

• you could visit a bunch of porn sites and when he comes home act mad and say "wtf is this"...pull them up and let him explain..
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:10 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• mu wa ha ha ha ha. <<< evil laugh. time for revenge!
    that seriously wasnt cool telling ppl you were an alcholic.
    why not tell ppl hes a sex addict? go around acting all worried about him saying hes like sex crazed.
    besides that mmmm i d k we play funny jokes around here..
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 2:10 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I'm big on April Fools jokes! LOL...last years was mean though and I wouldn't do it again because he really got so mad at me. DH was reading the newspaper in his chair and I was walking down our hard wood stairs with my toddler, I pounded on the stairs with my feet as If I had fallen with my toddler (mean, I know) and he jumped up screaming OMG! I laughed and said "April fools"! He was pissed!
    Another time, after just having a baby in November. I called DH from my work (a doctors offfice) and told him I was on my way to the ER because I fainted. Then I said, the nurse just did a PG test and it was positive. So they want to make sure the baby was ok. He got really silent and said he'll meet me there. When I started cracking up laughing he said "no you didn't".
    Another time I put gravy master in his coffee and he drank most of it till he said "doesn't this coffee taste funny"? I laughed...
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Fake DNA test.. hahaha.. lmbo. That's a good idea I'll take that one into consideration.

Hmm.. I've been thinking that his mom and I could pretend we can't understand what he's saying to us (like he has aphasia) and act really frightened and insist he go to the ER and actually physically take him to the ER and just before we go in exclaim April Fool's .. I don't know if that is way too mean or not tho.

Alecto

Answer by Alecto at 2:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• if you have a preggo friend have her use a preg test and leave it out for him to find. i think you should leave mil outta it or even wait a year so he doesnt suspect it.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2010