If you were spanked growing up, do you look back on the experience with fondness?

I hated it when I earned a spanking. But afterwards I did feel cleansed. Now when I look back at them, I enjoy the memories and are some of my favorite stories from childhood to be asked about.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Fondness??? NO!
    HOWEVER - I did learn that there were consequences for my bad behavior. I am an advocate of spanking now, as long as it is done not in anger and not abusively.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 2:15 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• My parents didn't even believe it was okay to get your hair trimmed. I was 11 and "rebelious" as my Daddy would say and had my friend cut my hair. My Daddy cried before he spanked me....way to make me feel really bad, almost worse than the spanking which the bruises lasted for 2 wks...!! lol I look back with the view that he honestly believed I was wrong and he'd failed since I, even at 11 wasn't obeying. But most ppl would call that (bruises) abuse etc. I believe they were a bit extreme yes, and I NEVER want to spank my children for things like that or leave bruises. But I'll never forget him literally crying and the hurt in his eyes when he did it...it was like he was crushed that he hasn't "taught me better"
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 2:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Spanking and fondness don't go hand and hand. Butt Itch

Anonymous

• I deserved EVERY time I got spanked.. I didn't get spanked a whole lot growing up because I KNEW that I'd get in trouble so I was usually well behaved. I spank my SS when he's really bad or gets a real smart mouth, but the same applies there. I don't have to spank hardly ever, because he knows I will and knows it isn't fun.
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 2:17 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• For some reason I find this to be a bit disturbing. Umm I hated being spanked because it wasn't meant to be enjoyable.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 2:22 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• lol. I earned every spanking I got! I can't say I fondly remember them but I ca say I remember them clearly. I had some doosies!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:27 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I find it a little disturbing as well nicole. I don't think its normal for people to look back on their memories of being spanked as a child and feel happy about it and LIKE it?! I don't have many memories from being spanked, probably because it never hurt me and I wasn't spanked often. Do I look back on it with fondness? NO but I don't have any negative feelings about it.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• no i only remember a few. i learned to respect my mother. she didnt spank my brother (5 yrs younger then me) and i think he would have had a much easier life if she had... (meaning that if she had taught him to respect her - he wouldnt have had so many issues with respecting leaders in school at work etc.) so fond memories - no! but do i think she did the right thing - yes.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Ummm, NO WAY! I will never raise my hand to my child the way my dad did to me.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Fondness no way. But when my Dad did ever spank you know you did something aweful and not to do it again.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 2:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2010