how can i get my 5 year old to quit weeting the bed?

i cut my five year off of all drinks at 6:45 and that is a hour before she goes to bed and she is still wettiong the bed at night what else can i try to get her to quit wetting the bed?

smiles196

Asked by smiles196 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• Wake her up to go to the bathroom before you go to bed. It's something that she is going to have to grow out of, although at five is when we gain full control of our bladders. Also if she's left alone with anyone, it's a cause for concern. I was wetting the bed at five because I was being abused. Keep an eye on her and have a talk with her. Hope it's not the case, but just letting you know, it is a sign of abuse.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 2:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• There is nothing you can do. You can drive yourself crazy waking her up, but her body has to mature. Put her in a pull up before bed. My son was much older than 5 when he finally stopped.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I would just keep a diaper on her at night. You can wake her up in the middle of the night too. Sounds like her body is just not developed enough yet.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I was a bed wetter also and I was in such a DEEP sleep that I couldn't wake up - my dad used to wake me up routinely and I eventuially got it - only accidents every once in a while... but I did have accidents far past gradeschool.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:43 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• You can let her pee before she goes to bed. Or just put towels under her u want have to keep washing her covers. Or u can buy her some overnight pull-ups until she can get up for her self.
    officerdouglas

Answer by officerdouglas at 4:24 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Have you had her checked by a pediatrician?
    Anonymous

• There is nothing you can do. Be patient and don't make a big deal about it. I was a bed wetter and nothing embarrassed me more than my mom bringing it up. I was already ashamed enough as it was.
    Anonymous