Ladies, what is on the menu for dinner tonight?

I have 2 breasts defrosting right now and I can't decide what to make. I want something healthy and baked (I don't feel like sauteing). Any good and healthy baked chicken recipes? Oh and they're bone in(hubby bought 20lbs of bone in instead of boneless skinless like I wanted)

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If you have chicken you can make orange chicken serve w/rice.

• 2-3 lbs boneless chicken breast, (cut into bite-size pieces or whole depending on if you want to do stove top, or oven)
    • 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
    • 1 garlic clove or minced garlic, crushed
    • 1/4 teaspoon ginger
    • 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    • 1/4 cup sunny delight, orange, or apple juice (recipe calls for apple, but I use sunny D or orange juice)
    • 1/3 cup light brown sugar
    • 2 tablespoons ketchup
    • 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
    • 1/2 cup water
    • 1/3 cup soy sauce

For the cut up stove top chicken version… taste great!)

1.) Heat oil in a large skillet.
    2.) Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
    3.) Remove chicken.
    4.) Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium Heat until well mixed and di
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 8:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I tell my husband to buy pkgs of chicken and he freezes the whole thing before I can get to it to seperate them in dinner size portions lol
    Just regular old baked chicken with Lauries seasoning salt on it, is really good. You could also boil the chicken and then put it on a foiled baking sheet with bbq sauce over it and cook it for about 30 min @ 425.
    Anonymous

• tacos at home.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 2:46 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Well we are having homemade ham, pineapple, black olive pizzas.
    With chicken breasts I would take a small can of tomatoes, garlic, basil, onion and black olives and make a bruschetta. I would drizzle olive oil on the chicken, salt and pepper, add the onion, garlic, basil, black olive and then pour the tomatoes on top. I would bake 30-45 minutes on 350 degrees. I would serve over pasta or with french bread.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:47 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• spaghetti and garlic bread..yummy!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 3:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I'm making baked ziti today.   Here's a list of different baked chicken recipes, I use this site for everything...i learned how to cook from this.

http://allrecipes.com/Search/Recipes.aspx?WithTerm=baked%20chicken

Anonymous

• tonight..... too far away to tell. we're all at different phases of a very bad, BAD bad cold. my husband has a normal appetite but feels terrible. my son is not eating much due to a sore throat and daughter is eating like a herd of buffalo but has a fever so I don't want her to gorge. As crazy as it sounds we're considering chinese take-out... although after typing that out I realize just how insane it does sound

I have a very nice and very expensive rack of ribs that were SUPPOSED to be cooked today. into the freezer they go
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:12 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Here are our dinners for the week:

Week of 2/1
    Sunday – chili and cornbread
    Monday – sweet and sour cabbage rolls
    Tuesday – lentil soup (from freezer) and grilled cheese sandwiches
    Wednesday – lentil tacos
    Thursday – peanut noodles
    Friday – stirfry
    Saturday – dinner out

Send me a message offlist if you would like any recipes

Answer by rkoloms at 5:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• oven fried chicken...marinate it in buttermilk for 5 min, crush up cornflakes and bisquick (equal parts) in a ziplock, stick the chicken in and shake to coat. bake at 375 for 40 min or so or until the thickest pieces are no longer pink. serve with mashed potatoes and white gravy....

or

stick the chicken in a crock pot with about half a bottle of bbq sauce, and a few ounces of brown non-diet coke. let it go for about 4 hrs...tender enough to seperate with two forks..simmer another 10 min, serve on buns. chicken bbq!!
    FoxyRoxyMommy

Answer by FoxyRoxyMommy at 5:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Hubby's made-from-scratch chili.
    I asked him to set me some aside after it is made before he adds the Texas Pete...lol....my GERD has been acting up lately.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:57 PM on Feb. 4, 2010