what were your ways to get your infant to switch from formula to the gallon milk?

just wondering? my daughters almost 10 months and i want to make sure that when she turns 1 years old shell hopefully take to the milk gallon easily... any ideas or ways that worked for you?

mariisasmommy

Asked by mariisasmommy at 2:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• I just switched. My boys didn't have a problem. My daughter breastfed til she was 15 months, and never learned/wanted to take a bottle, or cows milk!
    Anonymous

• We mixed it 75/25 with whole milk starting when he was 11 months (i wouldn't recommend milk before a year without talking to your pediatrician). We gradually reduced the amount of formula and increased the milk until he was drinking whole milk. When he turns 1, you may want to just try giving him milk - some kids don't mind the change.

Answer by missanc at 2:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• i just switched her. i didnt wean her or anything. just didn't do formula anymore. i use whole milk. she didn't have any trouble.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 2:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• At 13 months, I just switched. No issues.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:39 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I started mixing it into the formula slowly.. I would make a four oz bottle then add two ounces of milk at first.. then a month later make a 2 oz bottle add 4 ounces of milk.. & then finally all whole milk a month later.. it worked for me..
    I started at 10 months & all my kids were on whole milk by 1 yr old for a year.. then 2%
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 2:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• no secrets. Just switched cold turkey.
    Anonymous

• Either gradually mix it in, or switch it. Though, cow's milk isn't ACTUALLY needed if your LO doesn't like it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I would like to suggest hemp milk or almond milk. If you get cows milk get organic whole milk. There are too many pesticides and hormones in regular cow milk.
    Anonymous

• I did a gradual mix over a period of a month.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Cow  milk is for baby cows, and humans don't need it. Like many other nutrients, and despite the claims of the dairy industry, plant based calcium is superior to animal based. While cow mild is rich in protein, the kind of protein that is contains is casein, while human milk protein is lactalbumin, with is easily digestible; more the 50% of casein isn't digested and can cause health problems later in life, like food allergies.  Here is some of what the doctors at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine say: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html

Answer by rkoloms at 5:03 PM on Feb. 4, 2010