first flight with 6 month old...

i am bringing the travel system (carseat/stroller) to the air port. BUT he will be riding on my lap, not buying him a seperate ticket.. right? is that how you do it? so where does the carseat go? do i check it with the stroller to be stored under the plane or what goes on with that?

mrsjedwards

Asked by mrsjedwards at 2:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Travel

• You can gate-check the stroller, right before you board the plane. That way it's easier to walk through the airport. You can either gate-check the carseat too, or check it with your suitcases.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:43 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• depending on the airline, you can take the carseat and stroller to the gate as long as it's USED FOR TRANSPORTATION THROUGH THE AIRPORT....like from one gate to another. I'd check with whoever your flying with and see if they may make you check it in as an extra bag.
    I flew with 6 m old twins this past summer and they did fantastic! We put them in body carriers on us through the airport.
    Good luck, and have fun wherever you may be going!!!
    Anonymous

• When I took a flight with my 5 month old I had to pay an extra $10 for her - so I'd check that if I were you.
    Anonymous

• we flew with our one yr old back in may with american airlines, and we gate checked our full size stroller free of cost...i'd just check the car seat with the bags..but be sure to pack lots of snacks and toys bc it's horrible when they get bored and cant go anywhere..lol..(most airlines will let you take baby snacks as long as they're unopened) good luck
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 11:35 PM on Feb. 5, 2010