how can i get my son to sleep all night?

My son is almost 10 months old and he still doesnt sleep through the night. I try everything. Any suggestions on what i can do?

DamiensxmommyxO

Asked by DamiensxmommyxO at 2:43 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A "sleep through" the night is five hours. It isn't twelve. If your baby wakes to eat, or to have a change of diaper, or for a cuddle and goes back to sleep that is also sleeping through. It is not common for babies to sleep and not wake up. Not even adults, unless really tired, sleep for hours without waking...it is just that most people don't remember that they do.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:59 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Pick up a copy of "The No Cry Sleep SOlution" or google Elizabeth Pantley for reassurance.

Sleeping through the night is a mere five hours, often NOT acheived in year one. You cannot MAKE him sleep. You can TRY different things...but what I found worked best was to pay attention to the BABY and put him down in deep sleep. He'd STAY down longer.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:58 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• You need to be patient. Whoever told you that babies are supposed to sleep through the night lied.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:02 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• They lied.. or are way lucky -! My son is 28 months and going through yet ANOTHER spell of waking anywhere from 1 to 6 times a night.. we are battling at the moment... I am lucky lately if he gets a good solid 3 hours together
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I really don't think there is much you can do to help him become a "sleep through the night baby". I think they either are or aren't . You could maybe help him get better sleep, which might make him sleep longer. We found that turning up the heat in our house just a few degrees, helped our daughter sleep alot more soundly. Of course you have to be careful that they aren't too warm. When she was colder, she would wake up more often during the night. Also, we play music at night in her room, which some people disagree with. I make sure to feed her right before bedtime or when I know she is getting tired. I think the warm milk helps her sleep better. Good Luck.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 5:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2010