Cloth diapers: pros and cons?

I am thinking of using cloth diapers for my next child. I have no idea how to do any of it since I'm used to just tossing them afterward. Is it really nasty? What do you do? Is it better for their bottoms? And is it overall cheaper? Also, do you still use wipes?

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 2:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i did cloth diapers for a few weeks when my youngest was born. and while yes its better for the environment, i found it a LOT of CONSTANT work. My son had no skin issues and when i went to disposable diapers i had not issues with him getting diaper rashes, etc etc. You can also do cloth wipes. i didnt though. some women are better at this than i certainly was. LOL but i just found it too tedious and i felt like the cost to my TIME was more than the money i saved.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:15 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I cloth diapered all three of mine from birth to potty.

it is a bit more work but if you don't mind its not that bad. I did a load every other day - no sweat.

check diaperswappers.com for some great deals and ideas on how to do cloth.

and they're SO DARNED CUTE!

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• It is better for the baby's health. There are chemicals in diapers (and tampons, and pads) that are not good for you.
    Anonymous