Anyone else have a depressed DH/SO

Ahhh I was in denial for a while, But then one day last week it just clicked. My DH is depressed and I know it for sure. He has all the classic symptoms. I brought it up over the phone when he said his back hurt. I told him I think he's depressed he got kinda quiet and said "what do I have to be depressed about?" I told IDK but I'm certain you are because you sure arn't the person you were 4 months ago. I printed some stuff up for him gave it to him and let him read it and soak it in. Then he was kinda taken back looking then all fake happy looking. I went on to say I love him no matter what and we have both had periods of depression over the years and gotten through it wheather we knew we were depressed or not. He doesn't want to get put on meds because he still wants to be able to have sex (not eveyday like it used to be just when I start it) I just feel like a single parent and I want to help him and not end resenting him

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• OP here
    I mean what else can I do to help him? We love each other very much and I will not leave him but I don't want his depression to rub off on me. I just feel lost and can only pray summer comes soon. thanks to anyone who reads or has advice.
    Anonymous

• Well, first, tell him there are meds that won't affect his sex drive. Second, just tell him whether it's meds, therapy, or natural herbal remedies, he needs to get some kind of help. Untreated depression can be dangerous. And it can depress you as well, and just explain to him that if both of you are depressed, your relationship is going to suffer a lot more than just a simple suppressed sex drive. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I agree, he needs to get some kind of help. I know with my experience w/depression in the past its hard to just admit it. I was on depres meds but felt like I was a fake happy not a true happy person. Not sure if that makes sense. But what has helped me tremendously (and proud to say my doctor took me off my depression and high blood pressure meds) was I began taking vitamins that had an amazing 85% solubility. Centrum and One a Day and other vits only have a 10% solubility so you are not really benefiting from the nutrients. Its amazing how when you start giving your body all the nutrients it needs you start feeling better, have energy, stop craving junk food, your digestive system is regular and you feel like going outside, you feel like dancing, you feel like playing because you feel good....you feel like your old self! If you have questions, email me at malaniz0104@yahoo.com
    foreverhome

Answer by foreverhome at 4:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2010