Highchairs: how old will your baby be before using one?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 3:03 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When he could sit up without falling over. And knew not to kick his legs and slide down in the seat.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:04 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• not until she can sit up well unassisted
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:04 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• My son was around 6-7 months. About the same time I started solids.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 3:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• We have a recling one so I've been putting my baby girl in hers since she was about 2 months old..she liked being up high and watching me cook and clean in the kitchen :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I started at 3.5 mos... She kinda leaned on the side but we had no other thing to feed her in and by 4 mos she was sitting up in it just fine. She was in it until 14 mos and now sits in a booster
    Anonymous

• we started at 4 months. They could sit up, and had good head control. Every child is different, but when they can sit up in the chair without slumping down and have good head control, they are usually ready. We only did solids maybe once a day or every other day at this point, mostly because of the mess, but also because they don't "need" solids yet.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 3:15 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Well we don't have one, yet, but she can sit in one. She sat in one at my in-laws a few weeks ago and she was 5 months at the time. We just had her sit in while we ate and she played with toys on the tray. So as soon as we get one, she'll be able to sit in it. We haven't started solids yet and probably won't for another month, so we're not in a hurry to get the high chair.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• had a reclining one as well.... probably 2.5 mos. just to get used to it, sit, hang out before the bumbo but after the boppy.... got a fullsized one much later, like 14 mos
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Around 2 months, reclined and strapped in. Gave them somewhere up high to sit and see the world.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 4:57 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• we got these reclining seats with trays that get strapped onto a chair for our twins. then they could join us at the table! for my other two kids though, i just held them while i ate until they were old enough for a booster seat.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:36 PM on Feb. 4, 2010