What is your biggest challenge you are facing with your baby?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 3:05 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son is 21 months old. the biggest challenge right now is his lack of communication when he wants something. He's never pointed, he either grunts or takes my hand and leads me to what he wants. I have tried teaching him to point, and I do some sign language and a lot of repetition of words, I read to him a lot and point out the objects...but he just isnt getting it. He finds it easier to grunt or lead me. I have been trying to resist and let him know I wont give him more milk unless he can tell me wat he wants. He does sign for "more", at least he tries to, and I praise him on his efforts and he gets the milk...so i guess we are getting somewhere.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Not being able to spend as much time with her as I would like. She is in daycare all day while I'm at work. :(
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2010