Communication: Does your child's teacher provide good communication with you?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 3:10 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• all their teachers are very good at communication thankfully.

they have agendas that are signed and written in every day. I've had phone conferences with oldest's teacher - she's a great lady who really wants to encourage my shy girl to get out there. she sends a note or will call if there's anything.

middle dd's teacher is great too (same teacher our oldest had for grade one) - very into keeping us up with what is happening in class and with dd.

youngest's in preschool....lol

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:13 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• yes! i am very impressed!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Yes! From the time my son started school, I have insisted on using a notebook for communication. My son is living with autism, and does very well, but like any child, if you ask him what he did at school, he'll tell you either "everything" or "nothing".
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 6:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• NO SHE DOES NOT AND I HATE IT.. I don't like how she acts and what she does. he is in kindergarten and she tries to run them like high school... I can't wait for this year to be done!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:28 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• my SS's kindergarten teacher is not nearly as good of a communicator as I would like. but i try to initiate as much contact as i can. my SD's teacher is better. part of it is that she is older and my SD is older. so we get papers home all the time so there is less need to talk to the teacher to see how she is doing. however, i am never afraid to initiate contact. i have been known to go into the school to talk to teachers without appointments, e-mail teachers, write long notes, etc. i honestly generally like to talk one on one.

the notebook is a great idea!
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• yes I see her every day that is a bonus of picking up sy son from school everyday.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:23 AM on Feb. 5, 2010