Baby showers: should you have one for each baby?

Why or why?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 3:49 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If someone is wanting to threw one for you then go for it. But if you are going to threw a fit about not having one that is wrong.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• It is not wrong to have a shower if someone offers to throw you one. It is wrong to throw your own shower, demand others throw you a shower, or hold grudges against anyone who doesn't come or bring a gift.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the other posters! All three of my sons have had a baby shower, but my daughter did not! My last shower was a diaper shower. My church wanted to have a baby shower for Micah, and I asked for diapers, wet wipes, shampoo, lotion, etc. It was so nice to get those things and I didn't really need clothes since I had saved everything from the other two boys.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:00 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• You already have all the big stuff. I don't think you need another shower. What will you do with all that crap? Diapers would be good, and some clothes. People will probably send you a gift, I think that is enough.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:04 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• While I do think every baby should be celebrated, I don't think you should really register for big things. I like the PP ideas of a diaper shower. I just think if you already have a child, you should save your gear for the prospects of a second baby.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 5:58 PM on Feb. 4, 2010