What do you do to 'stay alive' during the mid afternoon crash?

Like clockwork everyday starting around 3:30 I start to get very tired, most days I get a headache that lasts til about 6:30 when I know my kids' bedtime is coming up. I've tried eating all different kinds of foods that are suppose to give you energy, I've tried making a strong cup of coffee, and even when I get a little catnap during the day this happens. Naturally as a mother I'm quite sleep deprived, I have a newborn, one just over a year and another that's 3. So needless to say I have my hands full. Does this happen to everyone or will I see the light at the end of the tunnel when the newborn starts sleeping thru the night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, I'm the same way and I don't have a newborn any more. I know its partially my fault b/c my DD goes to bed at 7:30pm and I usually stay up til around 11 with my hubby and my DD wakes up at 5am. I should go to bed earlier. And what doesn't help is my DD has a meltdown around 3:00, 3:30 every afternoon. I don't know why she does, but she just does. So, I just make myself another cup of coffee and countdown til when my DH will get home and help. Good luck sweetheart!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 3:58 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• OP; I want to add that going for a walk does help liven me up a bit but not long after I'll get tired again.
    Anonymous

• I feel your pain. lol

every day - like right now I can feel myself slowing down. lol

I make a strong pot of tea and find some sunshine.

or I run.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:57 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• 3:30 - 6:30 at our house is just about the time the kids get home from school and the evening battles begin (fighting to get homework done, dinner eaten, etc.) I have resorted to popping advil....
    Anonymous

• Taking a good vitamin supplement has helped me tremendously especially since I have to keep up with a 2 and 3 year old! I love the energy it has given me, I fall asleep better and I wake up easier. By the time I know it its time to get ready for bed and I've accomplished so much! My family and friends have seen a difference in me and now they are taking the same vitamins! If you want more information to try them yourself (trust me you won't be disappointed) my email is malaniz0104@yahoo.com
    foreverhome

Answer by foreverhome at 4:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2010