why does everyone think rasberry leaf tea induces labor???

Being that I am part Indian, on my dads side of the family, we use herbs and spices to feel better and such...Well women in family have been using Rasberry leaf tea forever to TONE THE UTERUS...to help when labor begins, not to induce it...it tones and strengthens the uterus to help out, so you have strong contraction and not a long labor....but not to use it until you are 34 weeks along.

I used it with both of my boys and they were not born early...but i was in labor for 3 hours with my first, pushed for 6 mins.....with my second I was in labor for 4 hours and pushed 3 times....

so what so bad about it....I THINK ITS GREAT!!!!

rosie2guns

Asked by rosie2guns at 4:17 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• ignorance is all...

it is perfectly safe, and quite healthy to drink through the ENTIRE pregnancy. It increases your red count, and lessens the impact of blood loss after birth. great stuff!!!

I think its hilarious that they will drink a diet pop while pregnant, or eat trash foods (processed food), but that something completely 100% harmless is controversial.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:22 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I was wondering if you could drink it through the entire pregnancy, but wa salso afriad due to people saying it induced labor. I figured drinking it throughout pregnancy would be better for toning, then just drinking it before labor. Thanks for letting me know.
    Anonymous

• I thought it toned your pelvic floor too?
    Anonymous

• funny isn't it.

drank it through all three of my pregnancies - it tastes much better than coffee
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• you can actually replace your daily water quota with raspberry leaf tea- brew it in a pitcher and put it in the fridge, add a couple slices of lemon and some stevia (natural sweetener) or honey... mmmm..... it is also good for anyone who is about to undergo surgery (for about a month prior you should drink it)!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:39 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• My midwife recommends it through the entire pregnancy. I hate the way it tastes though. I drink it anyway. It keeps braxton hicks contractions tamed.

There is a lot of misinformation out there. Herbs don't get the research they deserve and they aren't standardized.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• i have been drinking it this entire pregnancy. who in the world thinks it induces labor or speeds it up? silly!!
    Anonymous

• I drank it thinking that it would help ripen my cervix, but it actually helped keep my contractions that I was having due to asthmatic flare ups under control. So grateful for that.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• hmm, that sounds like something i might try at the end of this pregnancy. short labor sounds good to me!
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 8:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• does anyone know where you can buy it? i dont recall ever actually seeing it, and i drink a lot of tea.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 8:39 PM on Feb. 4, 2010