what are your thoughts on a "free sale"? like a yard sell but giving away items instead of selling them..

then have a tip jar if people want to leave money. i dont want to advertise on craigslist or take them to the donation center, too much hassle.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I like the idea of selling the items and then donating all the proceeds to charity.
    You would want to be sure to let your customers know where their money was going to and they may feel the urge to help the charity out more by either purchasing something else or donating some money in a jar you have for that purpose.
    Best wishes!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• if you take it to a donation center you can get a receipt and get credit for your taxes next yr
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:01 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• My first thought...where at cause I'm there! lol
    My second thought...there will probably be one person to bring a huge truck and take all your items then try to resale them for money themselves on craigslist or something.
    My third thought...There will be a mad rush of people and a big cat fight over stuff that more than one person wants.
    My last thought...
    yeah...people are greedy and its a nice gesture but I'd tag it all with a price or donate it to a church that has sales to raise money.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:13 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Just a thought.... if i saw someone advertise free stuff, i probably wouldn't even go 'cause I would think it was trash. Maybe not everyone is like that, though! Good luck! Or you could advertise "yard sale: lots of free stuff!"
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Have you considered posting on Freecycle?
    Anonymous

• Um are you having this sale anywhere Close to Ct..i wouldnt mind Donating a Few Bucks for some cool free stuff!!
    MinnieMoni

Answer by MinnieMoni at 5:47 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I would donate to a church or homeless shelter, they will pick stuff up, also some resale stores donate profits to certain causes like breast cancer research.
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 6:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2010