Why is my 4-month-old SOOOOO crabby?

Granted, i wasn't blessed with "the happiest baby on the block" in the first place, but the last couple days have been miserable! He fluctuates dramatically between being so cute and giggly and aware to being fussy and wimpering about EVERYTHING, or waking up from naps WAILING like the world's coming to an end. He's drooling and chewing, but no anymore than normal, and he doesn't have any kind of diaper rash. He's impatient at the nipple, and if it comes out of his mouth, he goes into hysterics rather than just reaching for it. Would teething make him this way?

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 5:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• OH YES.. !!! I was blessed with a not even close to easy baby but yeah, teething was a living nightmare with my son, I knew EVERY tooth that came in - and he JUST finished...18 months later. highlands has a great teething tablet that dissolves instantly and is homeopathic and worked the best!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• He could also be getting acid reflux. This sounds alot like my daughter. She had it so bad she in on medication now. It has helped alot.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 5:36 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• It does sound like teething. A nothing thing to consider is an oversupply of milk. This can lead to a fussy baby who acts frustrated at the breast. Take a look here and see if you have any of the other symptoms: http://www.llli.org/FAQ/oversupply.html

If not, I say teething!

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Are you stressed? He could be reacting to your stressed energy

Answer by admckenzie at 6:13 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• He is probably about to cut a tooth. Either that, or he is going through a growth spurt...hungrier than usual and growing pains can come with a growth spurt.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• It's the teething. Think of your worst menstrual cramps ever...times three. That's teeth. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 12:48 AM on Feb. 5, 2010