Would you allow your 3 or 4 year old to go without a carseat?

stam_2007

Asked by stam_2007 at 5:36 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No way. I care to much to do that.
    Anonymous

• Nope..mine had one until he was about 8, I think.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• No, that's unsafe and ILLEGAL.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 5:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• We did it once in an emergency, but on a regular basis...nope. They stay buckled or the jeep don't move.

I'm the same way with adults and seatbelts, my sister once didn't speak to me for 6 mos because I refused to drive her home until she buckled up.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 5:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Isnt that illegal? I guess I am not sure what the law says about that age but I work at Starbucks and see kids come through without carseats far too often. I write down the license plate number and call the police EVERY TIME. They can decide if it is a crime or not. If something happened to those babies and I didnt speak up, I would never forgive myself.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 6:05 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Nope. But it's not illegal in all states. But regardless, I would always have my children in a seat until it is safe for them to be out of one.
    Anonymous

• No Way
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 6:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• no way in heck
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:43 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• No, and unless there's some kind of life and death emergency (like somebody giving you a ride away from a building about to explode) there is no excuse. There are programs that give away car seats for free. Check with your local fire department. You can also check Freecyclers (post "Needed"). You're better off using one that has been used (but within the five years and in good shape) than going without.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 8:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• No, the law here is 6 years old or 60 lbs and my son is 5 so he's still in a car-seat and will be that way until he turns 6. In my opinion why teach children to follow rules and laws and then turn around and break them in front of the child. Kids are smart and should be given enough respect that they would know when a rule/law is being broken.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 8:12 PM on Feb. 4, 2010