What would you do if you saw a 3 or 4 year old with no carseat?

stam_2007

Asked by stam_2007 at 5:39 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• if i knew the mom id tell her to put the kid in a carseat
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 5:55 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Hmmm... is this related to the question about minding your own business if it cost a child his life? Is this someone you know? If so, I would talk to them, be reallys traighforward about the risk they are putting their child through. If not a friend, get the license plate and turn them into the police. If a parent is not using a car seat, are they dropping the ball in other areas of their child's safety??
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:55 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• It depends on the state. Not all states require a 3 or 4 year old to be in a car seat. We all know that it is safer - but in those states that do not require child restraints, I'd have to suck it up and let that parent decide. If however, they were breaking the law, then I'd say something - to the police.
    Anonymous

• mind my own business..
    unless the kid's being beaten or really appears to be neglected or abused, i don't care if the kid's in a seat or not..
    maybe the carseat was forgotten in grandma's car..? maybe the parent has to stop at walmart and pick one up since dad took it on his week long business trip.
    who knows..? not you, and it's none of your business really.
    all this carseat stuff is relatively new anyway.. 10 years ago, my little sister was riding right next to me in a seat belt at 4 years old...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I call 911. I have done this several times...

Answer by rkoloms at 5:46 PM on Feb. 5, 2010