how do u tell if a guy is droppin hints or if he is really into u?

i recently got out of a 10 yr realtionship which started right after high school so im not good with this stuff

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• A couple of guys I dated before I met my husband made me think they were really into me the first few months of dating. Then when we got closer - something changed and they pulled away. I realized then that I had moved to quickly (very sexual early on). I realized that I needed to make sure they were someone stable and could count on. That took waiting to have sex til the 6 or 7th date (if I was ready). I don't know if that was it, but what happened was the other 2 guys I never would have dated if I'd gotten to know them better. But having sex on the 2nd date meant that I started to get attached to them even though they were not good for me. If you wait, you can use your brain more in deciding instead of falling for someone who will hurt you.
    Anonymous

• Just go slow and see where it goes. If he is in to you he will hang around and show you respect. Don't rush in to another long term thing right now. Give yourself time to be yourself and not some extension of a man you are with.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:47 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• You know a guy is really interested in you when he pursues you and is interested in you for reasons other than sex. He enjoys your company. He is interested in knowing all about you, what you like, what you don't like, what makes you happy, what makes you sad. He comes looking for you, and you don't have to go chasing after him. This is the kind of man my husband is, and we were married 45 years ago last Saturday. That's the kind of guy every woman should want and wait for!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:48 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I always liked to be straightforward and not respond to "hints". I respect honesty, and when he's really into you, and respects you, he'll be open with you. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:53 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Well ive struggled with this question for sometime now. And i can say Honestly with my fingers crossed you know when you look into his eyes and you see more then lust, you have to look and hear beyond word and actions cause guys are stupid sometimes they will tell you whatever makes you happy just to see you smile for a moment knowing they cant fufill all there promises. one minute they are all over you and the next its like they dont want to be bothered but if you can look him in the eye and your heart skips a beat like mine does when i look at my bf then i think and believe feelings are mutual but dont get sexual attraction mixed up with true feelings of love. Its kinda hard to explain but when you know you def know and wont have to question it but you'll be able to take it to the next level as too how strong is his love for you.
    MinnieMoni

Answer by MinnieMoni at 5:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Read the book " he;s jsut not that into you", great insite to relationships.
    Anonymous