What do you say when you get told to mind your own business on this site?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Never been told that. People that ask questions are usually looking for answers. They usually don't want you to mind your own business.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• LOl well my thought is if you dont want others up in your business then stop putting it out there, If you post it they will come and it will therefore become public business open for comment, ridicule and debate :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• ditto 3 ring circus
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• i agree with 3 ring circus
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• If they're asking for advice about themselves / their situation, then I will try to help if I can. If they're asking for advice about a situation where someone - especially a child - is in danger or breaking the law, and they want to know what they can do, then, again, I try to help if I can.

But if they're asking a question about how to make someone they know live their lives the way they (the poster, not the person in their lives) live their life the way the poster thinks they should, then I usually tell them to stay out of it. For example, there was a post awhile back from a woman who didn't like that her brother acted "gay" when he was out and about with his wife, and she didn't like it, and he knew she didn't like it and he didn't care. I told her it was none of her business, and advised her to stay out of it for the sake of her relationship with him.

So, if I'm told to myob, I'd look to see if they have a point.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:58 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I have never personally been told that on here but I have seen it. It is usually when the OP asks a question and they do not recieve the answer that they wanted. Like my dh is abusive or whatever,what should I do? My parents hate him etc. The answer would be leave him. Something LIKE that.
    There are some nutty ppl that just go around making fun of others questions answering cruely and they are called bashers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I agree with below, if someone is asking that must mean they need an answer and if whomever told you to mind your business you should politely tell them to change their status to friends only if they are only looking for certain answers from certain parties.

angie2568

Answer by angie2568 at 10:24 AM on Feb. 5, 2010