Censorship...really?

I love how we have freedom of speech, but Cafemom wants to take that away from us. This is supposed to be a site where we can come and ask questions, but apparently only ones that don't offend others. How helpful is that? Not very, in my opinion.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Cafemom is a privately owned business that gives us a FREE service. they are allowed legally at thier discretion to delete and spank anyone they wish
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:59 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• well, some may be happy, but if they start to censor it then I"m gone. that was one of the big things I liked about it.
    Anonymous

• where did you get the info from? is there a email to contact about it?
    why exactly are they worried about offending? can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen
    Anonymous

• Since the Answers section of CafeMom is "public", it can be seen by anyone.Because it's public, we strive to keep Answers a comfortable place for everyone to participate. Therefore, we ask members not to post anything that would be considered “not suitable for everyone”. We understand that "not suitable" means different things to different people. However, as a general guideline, adult content and excessive cursing is not allowed.
    We've removed your question 'Possibly TMI...please don't read if easily offended...sex related question' because it contained adult content.

email received from cafemom team

We also wanted to let you know that there are many groups on CafeMom that allow many different types of discussions. You can find those groups in the Romance & Relationships section of the Find Groups page. Groups that are marked with a yellow yield sign may contain "adult" cont
    Anonymous

• They do delete questions. Is that what you mean? It is kind of arrogant for them to delete answers and comments. I guess I wouldn't miss some of the replies that feature all kinds of filthy words, "F" words, you know. And some of the gross, TMI stuff...ugh. Otherwise, I don't like censorship either.
    Anonymous

• I don't blame cafemom team one bit if they do delete something that goes overboard. and I have been spanked by cafemom team on one or two occasions myself for getting too heated or personal in a discussion . they made a good call in my opinion.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Then why are you a member here? So you can post complaining and then get mad when they delete your posts or questions? Read the guidelines for the site and if you can't follow them then go find a website better suited to your style. Some of us like it here.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• when is this taking place? so i know when to split
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• nvm if its bad language or dirty talk then i agree
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Feb. 5, 2010